Sunday, March 25, 2012

NCAA Tournament 2012

I'll start this by saying that being a Virginia Tech fan has severely jaded my opinion of the tournament and it's selection process. I still respect it as one of best and most entertaining ways to determine a champion and I wish the Hokies could make it there more often. Alas we seem to have burn some bridge with those who make the decisions on who gets to play and we may never get in unless we win a conference championship. Moving on, this year's tournament started with a bang and seems, at least to me, as if it has lost some of it's luster. I am sure some people enjoy seeing the top seeds battle it out but I think the majority of people, especially the casual fans, the David vs. Galiath match ups much more. This year we don't really have that. Early on we saw VCU and Norfolk State with some big upsets but now it is down to Louisville, Ohio State,  Baylor, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Kansas. There aren't many scrubs in that group and I know I have used this line before but if there was a way for them all to lose I might enjoy that a bit more than any of them winning. Not that I dislike the schoold individually, there just isn't a team to root for as an underdog. If I had to pick a team to root for it would have to be Baylor and that is mostly due to the fact that I am a Redskins fan and it looks like we might have a Baylor alum at the helm next year. I expect the final to come down to Kentucky vs. Louisville and I don't really care who wins out of that match-up but it looks to me like Petino has the Cardinals rockin and I think this will be. their year. Let's hope for some more good games even though there isn't a David to root for and maybe next year the Hokies will be able to punch their ticket to the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment