Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wizards pick-up of Nene

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Wizards trade for Nene even though it happened a few days ago. At first I wasn't sure how this would pay off as we gave up Javale Mcgee and Nick Young for Nene and Brian Cook. Obviously I think Nene is an improvement over Mcgee but I have never heard much Brian Cook. A couple games after the trade it looks like my initial thoughts were pretty accurate, however it seems I under estimated the effect Nene could have on a game. Since he has been playing with the Wizards our assists have gone up especially from the post and I believe are offensive efficiency numbers have drastically improved. It just goes to show what having a 7 footer with talent and knowledge of how to play the game can do for your team. We are only 1-2 with him but the 2 losses were by a combined 4 points and I think everyone who has watched can see the difference on the court. We look like a much better team with Nene and honestly at this point he is helping me to forget Young and Mcgee rather quickly. I liked both of those players but they obviously didn't have the basketball IQ to help this team progress. I feel that they are better as role players coming off the bench to provide a spark for their teams rather than starters. I wish them the best and hope they find better luck in their new homes. The trade deadline had past now but I hope moving forward the Wizards make more moves like this one and aquire guys that not only have the talent but also the smarts to improve this team with both individual production and the ability to improve those around them. Right now this looks like a great move and let's hope they keep it up so maybe we can gain some momentum at the end of the year. Go Wiz!

No comments:

Post a Comment