Friday, March 9, 2012

On the road trying to keep up with the Hokies, O's, and Wizards.

My cousin and I are on a road trip to Houston this week which is the cause for the lack of posts. We saw ZZ Top at Reliant Stadium last night and we are heading back to Virginia today. Although I won't be back home until; Saturday night so watching any sports is still a ;ittle up in the air. Luckily I have my smart phone and am able to keep up for the most part, at least with updates if not actual video.

It looked the Hokies played well yesterday against Clemson. I am glad to see the type of game that Dorenzo Hudson had, I just hope he has finally realized that these are his last games and will keep it up for the entire tournament. Also Erick Green seemed to really take over. I wish i had been able to watch but it looks like I will have to wait until I get home to see the replay. That leads us to today and the matchup with Duke. Obviously I think we can beat Duke and I would think the boys are motivated as the only shot of getting to the tourney is winning the whole tournament and in order to get a good seed in any other tourney we better win this one at least. Of course it is going to be extremely tough to beat the dookies as Coach K always has them ready for these games. They are going for their fifth in a row and I am sure they will be motivated to play well heading into the NCAA tourney. Also we are without Vic Davila again which hurts on the inside. In the end this game will come down to energy and who is more focused. If Dorenzo shows up again along with EG and hopefully a big game from Cadarian Raines we might just pull this one out. Fingers Crossed. Go HOKIES!

I have been able to keep up with the O's spring training games pretty well thanks to updates from Roch Kubatko and the like. The O's look to be doing fairly well so far, these games are hard to get a read on, but in general the pitching looks to be keeping most teams down. The offense looks to be producing adequately as well for March. The big news for me is about Dylan Bundy and Jake Arrieta. The hype around Bundy is steadily picking up and although there is probably a zero chance to see him this year it is good to hear there is a little talent to come up in the minors. The news about Jake is all good because he had a bone spur removed and says that he has never felt better. Roch reported today that he threw 97 several times and in a post game interview said he felt like he could have gone the whole game. Of course it is still spring training and hearing guys brag about health at this point always puts me a little on edge but is still a good early sign of where he is at. Let's hope the O's keep it up on the field and build some momentum heading into the regular season. I heard the bad news about Nolan Reimold as well. Right now it is hard to tell how bad the hit he received on the left side of his face by a fastball is but I am sure he will be out for at least a week. This is terrible news for Reimold as it seems like he just has bad luck in terms of staying healthy and being able to contribute consistently. Hopefully he can leave the hospital soon and have a quick recovery. Go O's!

Lastly I missed the Lakers vs. Wizards game but I was following on my phone and was completely shocked by the final outcome. Not just because we beat the Lakers, but because we beat the Lakers after being down by 21 and we did it with mostly back ups from it looked like. Trevor Booker had a huge game and it looks like who ever played D against Kobe really showed up in the second half. It looks like Randy Wittman calling the team out after the Golden State game may have actually worked. All you can do is hope that it worked for more than game. We should find out Saturday against the Trail Blazers. Go Wizards!

No comments:

Post a Comment